Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

i love my job....well, its not really a job...but who cares..!?

It is a job, I'm just not getting paid to do it, but its still a job. Well, yesterdays show went quite well, even my youth pastor(who hates rock) listened in, scary.. I am still in the midst of trying to expand my band base, I don't think I have enough bands....but, I'm always looking for new bands so whats new?

OH! Last night I saw 'Green Zone' featuring Matt Damon, it was a BOMB(means it was great).Matt Damon played a captain soldier in Iraq who finds some inconsistencies in the intelligence they are getting and and eventually finds a conspiracy. It had plenty of action, was very detailed, and I thought Matt Damon did a fantastic acting job. 'Green Zone' is actually from the creators of the 'Jason Bourne' series(which are awesome)...The movie was set in Iraq, mainly in Baghdad, which i thought was cool, and as for not-so-good stuff, there were no sexual scenes, and because it was a war movie, it had its fair share of language, a few f-bombs too. It is rated R, oh, about that, funny, thing happened....

Okay, so like in our newspaper, the two theaters in town tell you what they have playing that day, the times its showing, and what its rated, well, I was looking up Green Zone and the theater we were going to said it was rated pg-13, but the other theater said it was R. So I called the theater and it still said it was pg-13. BUT, when we showed up, the sign said R! Go figure, I told my friend that the theater had better get their act together, they couldn't even get their rating straight....

Yea, I almost forgot, I also saw 'Public Enemies' a couple of days ago, we rented it, and i thought it was the best acting job by Johnny Depp that I had ever seen. It also had Christian Bale in it who did very nicely. Depp played a bank robber during the great depression and Bale played the cob chasing him. It was rated R but I'm not really sure what for, it did have one sexual scene which one can ignore with the fast-forward button, but other than that, the language was very minimal, the violence was not bloody, Ive seen pg-13 movies with more blood....So, yea.......i Love movies...And the movie now Number 1 on my list of movies to see is 'Robin Hood' featuring Russel Crowe from the creators of 'Gladiator......so, I can't think of a good ending so I think I'll just leave it like this

3 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait for the new Robin Hood also. It looks really good, and I love the costumes from that era.

Anna B said...

was Stephen Lang in Public Enemies Josh?

joshthecollegekid said...

i haven't the slightest clue....