Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Licorice Slapping


Yes. We did it. I am spending the night at Dustin and Dillon's last night right? And his mom opens up a bag of red licorice(i hate black licorice), and we start eating it. Now, I am a huge fan of Skillet's podcast, and in one of their episodes, they have like a pain competition and they take turns slapping the inside of each others arms right where it bends(a surprisingly sensitive area i might add)with a strap or something. So, I thought, in a moment of foolishness, why don't we do it, only with strips of licorice. Well, seeing as how my friends are also foolish teenagers, they agree to do it. I slap you, you slap me, we slap him, he slaps us....WoW!...

This is a picture of Dillon's arm. If you look at it, you can see swollen, lines formed by the ridges on the licorice. And we all had that.....


Who knew licorice could hurt so much?!?!....I sure didn't....

And the next day was all about cold reminders.


Which is what I got several, painful times in our Youth Group day to the snow. Sad, I know. That fact that we had to set aside a day to drive to the snow, just reminds me how far I am from Montana. But, it was still the the bomb. We had several snowball fights which really ended up being me and Dillon verse everyone else. Not Good! So we drive up there, like caravan style or something. We drive about 45 minutes, then up the side of a mountain a good ways to even get to snow. Then, we set up on a wide spot, drop some people off to build a fire, attach the inner-tubes to the back of the trucks, load them up and floor it.

Let me tell you something, when you are at the bottom of a 7 person pile up, on one inner-tube, going 20 miles an hour, with your midsection dragging in the snow and ice, it hurts. It's also SOOOOO much fun!! Reminds me of the good ol' days....yea, I am only 16 and I made a good ol' days reference, SO WHAT!?!?!

Then you come back down the mountain, eat lunch, and then do it again, only colder.


picture courtesy of my new ipod......

No comments: